USA v. England Open Game Thread

PRETORIA, SOUTH AFRICA - JUNE 09: of US national soccer team during training session at Pilditch Stadium on June 9, 2010 in Pretoria, South Africa. (Photo by Kevork Djansezian/Getty Images)

The United States will open up their world play today at 2:30 against the mighty power of England. The United States--who will be hoping to get out of the group stages since for the first time since 2002--start off the World Cup with a bang.

I don't care if you think soccer is stupid (cough, Jim, cough) and I don't care if you don't want to participate in this open game thread; but this is the World Cup. It's the biggest stage in sports, period. They estimate that one billion people will watch the events this year. That's not a typo, one BILLION.

Anyway enough from me. Use this as your open game thread for the US game, and the rest of the matches today!