FanPost

Our draft choices....

Since the draft starts in 2 day i thought i'd get some insite from you guys what you would rather get from it. I looked at NHL's moch draft. Of the 3 guys (can't remember the names) 2 of them say we're getting a center, and the other says we'll be getting a defense-men. As avid Ranger fans we all know there is serious room for improvement in pretty much all areas on the Rangers Roster. We need a good strong center, tough physical defense-men, and finally a good back-up to help out Hank.

I've talked to just about every Ranger fan i know and everyone has their own opinion. Personally i believe we need to get a good strong hard hitting defense-men. I just want to get my reasons across and then you guys can have at it and see what you think

Plus side: THe first few defense-men are all over 6 foot and weight at about 200 and are about 18. SO they'll fill in and become big guys in their own right. If they're phycial the can clear the crease for Hank, protect our star player(s), and hopefully strike some fear into the opposition. Just think, we'll have Staal (stay at home defense-men thats great), Del Zotto (if he fills in and works on his D game a bit be close to a leetch), and then a big physical guy. The other slots would be filled up accordingly by then (maybe)

Downside: We won't have any scoring help for Gabby or any kind of offensive support for that matter. We'll have to wait and see how are guys do in training camp and pre-season. If that doesn't pan out we'll have to just wait some more which we seem to be good at or getting better at. Finally pray that Slats doesn't go after one of those over-paid losers in the free agency this season and let our young guys fight it out.

So just let me know what you guys think/