Rangers Extend Newbury

The Rangers have signed unrestricted free agent forward Kris Newbury to a contract extension.  Newbury, acquired by the Rangers in exchange for Jordan Owens at the 2010 Trade Deadline, had 18 points in 18 games (4-14-18) with the Hartford Wolfpack.  Newbury's previous deal was a one-year, two-way contract that paid him $250,000 in the AHL and $500,000 in the NHL.  Newbury will provide some good forward depth in Hartford.

Terms of the deal were not disclosed.