FanPost

Free Agents that could be a steal!

With the draft right around the corner, I was wondering who the Rangers are going to ignore and not bring in to actually benefit the team. We all knew that Prospal is going to want real money this season, and who can blame him he earned it.  Knowing Glenn will chase some free agents that will not perform in the spotlight. Prospal would be solid, but Tampa isn't paying him this season.Glenn might have to pay him.

Here are three reasonable free agents that could produce.GOD I WISH WE STILL HAD GOMEZ instead of DRURY.

1. Maxim Afinogenov.... Yeah he can produce when he's not the number 1. His got speed like few in the league. The downside is he can be Straka. He doesn't play both sides of the ice. Straka very rarely did, but he was able to hide and capitalize on opportunities Jagr set him up for. Gaborik could do this for him.

2.  Ray Whitney.... He's old, he's not going to put up 70 points and he not a physically big player. He does bring leadership, experience and can play on a powerplay. He is still flirting with 60 points a season, and he's an experienced winger who goes into the corner without hesitation.

3. Matt Cullen... Before anyone tells me to go F myself, just hear me out. The Matt Cullen experiment was short lived the first time around. I felt he was a solid center because he played hard game in and game out. He isn't excelling in points, we would be lucky to get 40 with him. But he is a much more skilled Blair Betts, and god knows we need a Betts on this team. Another side note is he always puts points up in the playoffs, well at least the first round of the playoffs. Plus I think he could be a solid pick up for cheap.

4. Anything from Detroit....I mean it...Even defense at this point....

I've been heavily drinking,  so i wrote this. Tell me what you think or who you think we should go for...remember I said reasonably priced.