Newbury Contract Details

The details from Kris Newbury's contract signing are in, as per CapGeek. Newbury, who recently re-signed with the Rangers, has a two year, two-way contract that pays him NHL salaries of $500,000 this year and $525,000 next year, for a total cap hit of $512,500. The raise for the 2011-2012 season is due to the rise in minimum salary as per the current CBA. Newbury's AHL salary is $250,000. Expect to see a lot of contracts with Newbury's cap hit signed in the coming month, as the rise in the minimum salary from $500,000 to $525,000 will have this affect.