FanPost

Don Maloney, GM of the Year

I wanted to first off say, Don, great work in Phoenix. Despite all the off-ice distractions and problems, the team responded amazingly well to Dave Tippet and a much deserved honor.

Don Maloney as many of you know was a former Rangers assistant general manager for what seemed to be eons.

I am very happy for Don, and the Coyotes for being such a great story all year. Some great trades by Don, like the Wolski move. Wow.

Tippet will be next to win an award - the Coyotes were expected to finish dead last weren't they?