FanPost

Big Names

As most of you know news and rumors from around the league have been flying this week, especially from our atlantic division rivals.  I also know, and agree with, the fact that most around here are sold on a building from within policy to secure our future.  That being said, there are some very significant names being dangled on the trade market right now and I was hoping to get some feedback on what everyone thought of these players and what they would give up to make a deal go down.

First off there is D Tomas Kaberle who the Leafs are rumored to want to move.  The reported asking price was a top-six forward.  He is 32 yrs old, has one yr at 4.25 million left on his contract, and had a 40+ point season last yr.

Jason Spezza has apparently been the topic of trade discussions as well.  Despite the fiasco of moving Heatly last yr, Ottowa apparently wants to move him as well.  He is 27, coming off a mediocre (for him) 57 pt yr and has a whopping 5 yrs left on deal that pays him 7 mil a yr.

Nathan Horton (and possibly the rest of the florida roster) is on the market as well.  He is 25, also coming of a 57 pt injury plagued yr, and has 3 yrs at 4 mil per left on his deal.

Obviously the Rangers do not need to make any of these moves.  I am also not advocating that they should as the future is certainly bright as it is.  But just for a little fun, and because I am tired of looking at mock drafts for friday, what do you guys think it would take to get one of these guys and would it be worth it (maybe if Redden was gone)?  Feel free to add names to the list.  Sorry for the lack of links, the computer does not like me today.