Rangers Will Not Tender Lisin

Larry Brooks is reporting that the Rangers will not be tendering RW Enver Lisin a qualifying offer. The move makes Lisin an unrestricted free agent on July 1. This move is relatively unsurprising, as Lisin was in coach John Tortorella's dog house pretty much all year. Lisin, a 2004 2nd round pick, was acquired from Phoenix in exchange for Lauri Korpikoski, the Rangers 1st round pick (#19 overall) in 2004. In his one season with the Rangers, Lisin put up a line of 6-8-14, a -1, and a 0.5 GVT in 57 games.