Bruins Acquire Horton for Wideman, 15th Overall Pick

Editor's not by Joe Fortunato: Stick salute to Zach S. and Brandon C. for breaking the news, but we wanted to give you a little more details so here is our blurb:

Florida has traded Nathan Horton and Gregory Campbell to the Boston Bruins for Dennis Widemanand the 15th overall pick and another draft pick.  Boston still has some major cap problems, as they still need to get a defenseman under contract and get Blake Wheeler signed with just $1.6 million in cap room available.  This deal also illustrates that the Panthers are for real when it comes to rebuilding, as they acquire an additional first round pick in a very deep draft.

In Horton, the Bruins address their scoring woes, while dealing from their deepest strength, their defense.  Florida, on the other hand, get a solid top-four, potential top-two pairing defenseman that the team can build around for years.  Campbell, a 27 year old center, is a role player who netted 17 points (2 goals) in 60 games last season.