FanPost

Tom Renney promoted to Oilers head coach

Former Ranger coach Tom RenneyOur former coach is a head coach again. Congratulations Tom Renney on being promoted to replace good ol' Pat Quinn. Quinn is now going to be the Oilers senior adviser. Edmonton was 27-48-8 last season which put them 33 points below the playoff cutoff in the Western Conference. Good luck with that Renney. Tom Renney becomes just the 10th head coach in Oilers' franchise history.

I was glad to see him go when he did - but we all still have love for Renney. We could talk all day about how hard he worked to be not just a coach but a real support for the entire franchise. At least Larry Brooks misses him. =)

Source - Yahoo! Sports and the Oilers official NHL website