FanPost

Expecting change, unlikely to come

The New York Rangers stand at the mid point of a hill.

On one hand you could argue they are really close to being a contender, and on the other hand, you could argue they aren't

The Rangers need to get this off-season, right.

Glen Sather would probably love to tender offer sheets to Anton Volchenkov or Joe Pavelski, but there is one glaring, long term problem: Wade Redden.

I believe that this off-season will depend solely on Sather's ability to unload, offload, melt down, eradicate, one Wade Redden.

Redden isn't awful, he's just awful for the Rangers. If Slats can somehow find a way to move Redden out, the Rangers will have the room to get all the key FA's re-signed, and add a center.....or a physical defenseman, or even both.

I'm sure the Senators would love Brandon Dubinsky and Derek Stepan, and perhaps Bobby Sanguinetti for Jason Spezza, but the Senators are cash strapped and taking on Redden, which is what Sather would need to do to complete such a trade, is impossible.

The Rangers are a bit handcuffed sure, but I feel that they have enough in place to at least improve on last year.....unloading Redden would give the Rangers the ability to up the anti, and improve even faster.

Waive Redden.