FanPost

Staal's Extension

I could somewhat understand not having done the extension until they were sure of where the cap would be because we have a lot of players to sign and not a lot of money, but now we know it will be 59.4 million which is more breathing room than expected earlier in the year.  Today yet another club signs their guys as Marleau and Pavelski both re-up and yet we are still sitting here with our number 1 d-man without a new contract.  It is long past due for this deal to be, so stop playing around and get it done.  Also when it finally gets done it better not be another one of those pinch my pennies now 2 yr deals that he keeps doing so he can overspend on someone else's FA.  Staal's deal should be no less than 4 years, but hopefully 6+.