FanShot

The Rangers have selected Dylan Mcilrath with the 10th pick in the draft. Good player, but is this...

44

The Rangers have selected Dylan Mcilrath with the 10th pick in the draft. Good player, but is this what we really needed? Way to fill the scoring forward void/take the best pick available, Glen. A good summary: "Summary: Your assessment of this guy probably depends on how you view his skating. It's not a huge negative for me, but it's not unreasonable to think his pivoting and backward stride are a serious red flag. But I saw a fair bit of improvement in his skating, and there should be more of that to come. I think his offense will come around and let him be at least a good #4. But even in the absolute worst case, if you have to convert him to a 3rd/4th line right wing enforcer, he's going to be a guy that other teams wish they had." - Michael Remmerde