FanPost

SHOULD HAVE TRADED DOWN

Here is a quote I picked up from an article on NHL.COM..

"We had Gormley very high on our draft list and didn't really pay a ton of attention to him, because we thought he'd be gone in the top five or six picks," Coyotes GM Don Maloney said. "As soon as we saw him sliding ... as soon as he was at 10, I started hitting the phones very hard. I was offering our second-round pick to move up and grab him, and we liked Fowler as well.

so why didnt we trade our first for the yotes first and our second? we could have still taken fowler at 13. Phoenix would have taken gromley with the 10th., cambell would have taken campbell with the 11th. and we would have gotten either fowler or mcilrath with the 13th, depending on who anaheim would have taken.

we could have still gotten our guy, AND picked up the 43rd pick which we could have used on toffoli.

so i ask you. who would you rather have. mcilrath OR mcilrath/fowler AND toffoli.

or we could have used the extra second round pick to trade up to 29 and take ETEM.

thanks a lot glen