FanPost

Rangers Waive trio ahead of Buyouts?

As per several twitter posts Aaron Voros, Donald Brashear and Patrick Rissmiller have all been waived by the Rangers. By all accounts this is prior to being bought out but surely in the case of Voros, the best thing to do is to demote him? That way he doesnt hurt the cap figure whatsoever so this seems odd to me.

Noteable other buy out candidates/waiver victims include Nilsson and Ethan Moreau of the Oilers.