Rangers News: Prospect Camp Day 2, Voros on Waivers, Rissmiller is still on this team?

LOS ANGELES, CA - JUNE 26: Andrew Yogan stands after being drafted in the fourth round by the New York Rangers during day two of the 2010 NHL Entry Draft at Staples Center on June 26, 2010 in Los Angeles, California. (Photo by Bruce Bennett/Getty Images)

Some thoughts from our friend Andrew Gross over at Ranger Rants on Prospect Camp Day 2: (click the link for the full story)

First-round pick Dylan McIlrath made his first appearance on the ice and Russian defenseman Mikhail Pashnin, the No. 1 overall pick in the KHL last year, certainly made an impression.

First off, I asked GM Glen Sather about the players who were tendered qualifying offers and Sather said it was everybody on the list (namely Staal, Girardiu) but not Erik Christensen and Enver Lisin. But, Sather said, the Rangers would like everybody back, they’re just unwilling to pay at the qualifying price and also risk the arbitration. Of the two, the Rangers clearly are looking to bring back Christensen - the reports are there might be a two-year offer on the table. The Rangers have also placed Aaron Voros, Patrick Rissmiller and Donald Brashear on waivers, which was no surprise. Only Voros has a shot of playing for the Rangers next season but the club likely wants to go in a different direction.

Again, Patrick Rissmiller is still with the team? Has he been in the MSG basement all this time?

Also, director of personnel Gordie Clark stopped by to chat about the draft, pointedly responding to the criticism of taking McIlrath at No. 10 by telling the reporters, "I don’t know where you get your information but I get it from someplace else." That wasn’t necessarily directed at the group here today but more at the national pundits like Pierre McGuire who pounded the Rangers during the NHL Draft coverage for selecting McIlrath.

Gordie also said there was no way the Rangers were picking Kabanov, sorry Joe.

Tomorrow is the one year anniversary of the Scott Gomez deal. It's always good for a laugh to go back and read our buddy Bob's take on the deal at Habs Eyes on the Prize.

Lastly, Carp says doing nothing on Thursday is better than doing something. I'm inclined to agree with him.Obviously it will suck for 2010-11, but can only make for a better 11-12, when Kreider, Werek, Stepan, McDonagh, Grachev, and who knows who else could all potentially be ready for full time duty.

Blueshirt Banter Radio tomorrow night at 8 PM, we'll have lots more about the Draft, including Jess from the Prospect Park, and audio from Gordie Clark breaking down each of the Rangers picks.

RIP Willie Huber.