FanPost

Proposal (Not about the Islanders)

But it does involve working with the enemy

We've been arguing for the past month about two issues:

1.) Sign Kovy: Some of fans want another ace sniper to go along with Gabby, while the others would rather not waste money on someone that hasn't proved he can win.

2.) Go for a Top Center: The previous post was precisely about this.  Spezza, Thornton, Savard are a few names that have been thrown around.

I have a proposition that merges the two ideas; actually, it just uses the 1st to segway into the second.  I think we should do a sign and trade for Malkin, using Kovy.  If we talk to Shero and Kovy's agent, we could work out a deal where we'd sign Kovy for 8/70, then trade him for Malkin straight up. This would work well for all three parties: Pittsburgh would get a sniper to work alongside Crosby while moving Malkin and without taking on anymore cap.  Kovy would join a team that could make a strong run for the Cup and have a superstar center to feed him.  And we'd have one of the top 3 centers in the league, behind only Crosby and Datsyuk.  I can safely say that neither Stepan nor Ani will reach his level.  Combine him with Gabby and you get two 100 point players.  Even if one superstar goes down with injury, the other can still be effective.

Hopefully the Rangers and Pens can settle their differences over an nice CappuGeno.  Get it? Cappu -- Geno? Right?

Cappuccinocopy_medium

I'm sorry...