FanShot

Of the options in the NHL the most interesting was from the Rangers. I was interested in playing...

Of the options in the NHL the most interesting was from the Rangers. I was interested in playing on attack with my friend Marion Gaborik. But the offer from New York constantly changed because they tried to get under the salary cap. I was offered a very complex contract which included various bonuses. In principle, everything suited me, but the Rangers representatives delayed negotiations without explanation. And we reached the agreement with Yaroslavl in a few minutes. I took a week to think it over, and on Thursday I signed the contract.

Pavol Demitra to Sport Express, as translated on Beyond the Blueshirts