FanPost

NHL News: The Kovalchuk saga is over

Editor Note By Joe Fortunato: Since you broke the story, enjoy the bump!

Editor Note By Dave Shapiro: The deal is $102 million over 17 years, broken down to $10 million for the first 8 years, and $7.5 million for the next 2 years. The remaining $7 million is distributed over 7 years.

Ilya Kovalchuk has resigned with the New Jersey Devils. The devils official twitter has it. Looks like the saga has finally concluded and we can all start to worry about what this means for the rangers. Only good thing is we got Avery who knows how to get under kovalchuks skin so the rivalry got a little more interesting. And what does this mean for the devils in the future including Zach Parise whose contract is up soon

http://twitter.com/NHLDevils