FanPost

Could Redden for Souray happen?

So yeah, we all want the Rangers to shake up the blue line, and give some youngsters a chance to play. Even signing one of the many defenseman left in free agency would be a nice thing to talk about.

Could the Oilers be talking with the Rangers about about Redden/Brashear for Souray + salary type trade? Could Penner be involved?

The Wade Redden debate and debacle could be nearing an end.

PROS for the Oilers

Redden is from Western Canada.

Redden had his best years playing in his home country

The Oilers would control a slightly above average defenseman for several seasons.

Souray is oft-injured

CONS for the Oilers

It's Wade Redden

Wade Redden, D

Redden is owed a bucket of cash, for 4 more seasons.

Dustin Penner also came to mind...