NHL News: The Kovalchuk Saga Isn't Over Yet

Well the saga continues. According to TSN the NHL has rejected the contract signed by Ilya Kovalchuk with the New Jersey Devils yesterday.

The NHL has rejected Ilya Kovalchuk's 17-year, $102 million contract with the New Jersey Devils on the grounds that it circumvents the NHL's salary cap.

Not to brag, but I called this on Rink Side Radio last night. Also it isn't a surprise, since $95 million-dollars was given in the first 10 years, and 550K a year for the remaining 7 years of the deal.

More when we know it ...