FanPost

What would i do if i was Redden?

By now it's no secret that many (if not all) Rangers fans want him out of town. However if Redden is anything like me he could  use this as a MOTIVATION to show everyone and most of all to himself that he can still compete at this level. He should take a good look at himself in the mirror and ask himself is he playing for money? or does he want to prove people wrong by showing some passion and heart for the game and the fans who want to see this team do well...I personally have a lot of PRIDE and would do everything in my power to turn it around.. It all comes down to heart ,pride and work ethic even if you don't have the most  talent those 3 things can take you far…

It's not hard to understand where all the frustration is coming from  I mean at one point in his career he was the best defenseman on the Sens if not the whole league and now he is sooo bad that we want him to get hit by a bus j/k lol(come on people it's just a game )....It really is mind boggling to see how much his game has deteriorated but  it's all up to him to turn it around .He MUST see this as a great opportunity to do something great and above all he MUST WANT IT....

Personally I like to see him play with more heart, get more physical  show the fans and his teammates that he cares and he is willing to take a hit to make a play.. You see as Rangers fans we love hard working blue collar guys (Callahan,Dubi) and I believe we would start cheering for him if he starts throwing his body around and knocking people down consistently ..At least try to make a statement at home games that this is our house and it won't be easy to win here for anyone..If he starts doing that and clears the zone with good outlet passes over time I think these Fans will forgive him....

Although we don't expect much from him at this point on the offensive end I still think he could chip in 30-35 points especially If he takes more shots  on PP...He was brought in to quarterback the PP but hasn't been very effective so far  I think it's partially because he is too predictable like the rest of the team always looking for the pass ...By taking more shots or faking  shots he can draw more people to himself and open up the passing lanes he would be less predictable again that's just my opinion..

Finally he should realize this is New York and winning means everything here. Messier won 5 with Oilers but he will always be remembered for winning one here in New York

You can win here and become a legend or change nothing and be know as the most hated, overrated and over paid defenseman of all time it's up to you….