FanPost

Afinogenov and Stempniak

Just wanted to get everyone's opinion on signing these two players. Both are UFA's.

Afinogenov 24-37-61 in 82 GP last season. Only made 800K last season and will be looking for a raise, but should be relatively cheap.

Stempniak 28-20-48 in 80 GP last season. Made 2.5 mil last season, maybe we could sign him for 3mil??

I think both guys would be worth the risk on a short term contract. We're hearing rumors that the Rangers are talking to Frolov, but he will definitely want more money than those two guys and his stats have been declining the last few season. I also heard that he is inconsistent and doesn't give his best effort, which would not fly with Tortorella.

Any thoughts?