FanPost

Who are the odd men out?

They would seem to be any of the younger players who want to make the team.  If the top 12 forwards are:

frolov-prospal-gaborik
christensen-dubinsky-callahan
avery-drury-MZA
Boogard-Anisimov-Prust

Then that leaves out anyone named boyle, grachev, byers, wiese, or dupont from making a 4th line presence.  It's great that we have more offense but the youth movement needs to continue on F too.  Maybe they feel the guys above are not ready or can't handle it?  I was really looking forward to seeing if byers or wiese could make their mark this year.  Boyle looks like the 13th forward watching from above ala Alex Karpotsev.

By the way, I'm in no way insinuating that the lines above would be actual line combos.  I would actually like to give Anisimov a shot at 1st line center.