FanPost

Concerns

One thing i have been noticing is that many people think the rangers will be better next year thanks to improvements from some young players, but in reality i think the opposite. I would be surprised if we were not worse last year, while the rest of the east will likely trand upwords as the east as a whole was horrendous last year. What people arent thinking about is that it is extremely likely that prospal regresses next year, people dont realize how great he was the first half of the year, and the chances we get the same years out of gaborik and lundqvist are not guarenteed. To count on a similar gabby prospal and lundqvist may be a bit misguided. Also, the Rangers as a whole got extremely lucky injury-wise last year, and Sather would be foolish to count on that luck repeating itself next year. Optimism is good from the fans, but I would love if we saw a little more realism from the GM, after all it is his job to objectively evaluate his team, and create a competitive team, and for years he has done a horrendous job of it.

Thoughts?