FanPost

Rangers News: McDonagh set to sign with Rangers

According to Larry Brooks in today's New York Post Prospect Ryan McDonagh has decided to leave Wisconsin and join the New York Rangersin their run for 9th place. It is speculated he will sign an ELC worth 875,000 per year but the bonus package is what is being worked out. According to Brooksie that is supposed to conclude swiftly. Here are some quotes from the article...

The Post has been told that McDonagh, who had been undecided between turning pro and returning to Madison for his senior season, was won over by the environment at last week's Rangers' prospect camp during which he mixed with fellow hopefuls and the team's front-office personnel, notably general manager Glen Sather, coach John Tortorella and special assistants Mark Messier and Adam Graves.

It also points out about how young our Defense could be next season with McDonagh in the line up...

Marc Staal and Dan Girardi, the 6-1, 212-pound, left-hand shooting McDonagh would join a defense corps featuring the 23-year-old Staal, 26-year-old Girardi, 20-year-old Michael Del Zotto, 33-year-old Michal Rozsival, 26-year-old Matt Gilroy and 33-year-old Wade Redden.

Now I do not even need to tell you how amazing this will be to have him on next years roster. Reports come out all the time about how he has a "man-body" and is ready to make the next step into the NHL. I for one am a very impatient person and already cannot wait for the puck to drop next season.

Editor Note by Joe Fortunato: There really are no secrets from this point out. We can expect McDonagh to get a nice long look in camp; and from what coaches have said we can expect him to make the team. If McDonagh makes the team it almost assuredly drops Wade Redden out of the picture.

Use this as your open thread for the rest of the day. So from everyone here at Blueshirt Banter happy 4th of July to all. And while you are celebrating freedom give a silent prayer to all of those who are currently, have ever or lost their lives fighting so that you can enjoy that freedom.

God bless America.