FanPost

The next 48hrs.....

Watch it happen......as the Kings "take it or leave it" offer to Kovalchuk was rejected...........you know 2 things are about to happen. The first is the end of Redden's time with the big club. The next is breaking the bank for Kovy. He is coming to Broadway........because he will lower his contract expectations slightly to prevent going to the Isles. It doesn't matter how exciting a bad team is, they are still along way off from contending and he could have stayed in Atlanta with a better team than in the Island. We've heard all along the Rangers were slinking around feeling the situation out. They are going to make a move, I can't see how they wouldn't. After Gabby there is no scoring on this team, they have to pounce on this. Hopefully with the 6.8m in cap room the have, they can sign both Stall and Girardi.......4 mil and 2 mil respectively. Redden gets waived and maybe Rozi goes via trade?.......Thats like 12 million........offer Kovy 8? Haggle to 8.5 for 6 yrs? Before you say it...we'll worry about who needs to be re signed next year when it becimes a current event....until then, we gotta do what e gotta do. If Kovy came here and scored 48 goals, I would guess that signing Dubi or Cally would become less important and perhaps they sign for less because of that? Or maybe they eventually get moved ofr high picks.....any senario could happen.