FanPost

A realistic way to turn things around.

I am looking for everyone's opinion on how  to turn this club around. I am more looking for a realistic/conservative way. I have read all the crazy ideas and thoughts from trading Redden for this player, or Drury for that player. We all know that most of our big contracts cannot be moved. I even dare say that Lundqvist is in that category as well. Trends show NHL teams are not willing to lock up big dollars for goaltenders any longer ( and doing so successfully I might add). If you look at the last couple of years, elite goaltenders have been oddly absent from going deep in the playoffs. And free agents such as Nabokov, Turco are finding that as well.  Nobody is going to take Sathers mistakes, unless we have a problem contract coming our way. As this year and next year indicate, building through free agency is really no longer an option. This is one of the worst free agency's I have ever seen. Next year is not much better than this one. With Teams locking up players for 10-12 years I think that this will be a trend as far as free agency goes. I am not looking to have a cup team in a year. Just a way to keep our youth, while waiting on Drury, Avery, Rosival, to expire. And adding some free agent character players through trade or free agency. No not Kovy....LOL