Rangers News: Rangers Re-Sign Dan Girardi (Update: Official Terms)

NEW YORK - APRIL 09: Dan Girardi #5 of the New York Rangers fights with Scott Hartnell #19 of the Philadelphia Flyers during their game on April 9, 2010 at Madison Square Garden in New York City. (Photo by Chris McGrath/Getty Images)

One of the biggest questions surrounding the Rangers was whether or not they were going to be able to sign Dan Girardi and Marc Staal.

Well one of those questions was answered today. As per Andrew Gross the New York Rangers have agreed to terms with RFA Dan Girardi. Here is the tweet that Gross just sent out:

#NYRangers have announced the signing of RFA D Dan Girardi.

The terms have not been disclosed yet so we will get them to you when they are available. As of right now though, things seem to be moving in the right direction for the Rangers. Girardi, who filed for arbitration a few days ago, was expected to be signed before the court date, and Sather got it done.

This is good for everyone, because arbitration is basically a sure ticket to creating bad blood. Now Sather can focus on making Staal a happy man.

Thoughts guys?

Update by Joe Fortunato: According to Larry Brooks:

4 at $3.325 fair deal for both parties.Staal 6 at 4.5 or so would be same.

So I guess it's a four year deal worth 3.325 per year. Not an awful deal, but more expensive then we all expected. Those numbers are official. Girardi is in the books for 4 years at 3.325 million a year. Again, not horrible, but more expensive then I previously expected.