FanPost

Redden Quote

We probably have all see this on the Rangers page (yahoo sports), and I know its been talked about a lot.  Only mentioning it because it is a slow month, and I am tired of reading/hearing about Kovy and the Devils.  Basically, its a quote from Torts about Redden, and his play from this past year.   Join me after the jump.

Ok, courtesy of Yahoo Sports,

  • D Wade Redden hasn't lived up to his $6.5 million annual salary and could clear much needed cap space if he's sent to AHL Hartford after training camp this fall.

    "I told Wade at the end of the year, during the exit interviews, I felt we gave him, along with a couple of other players, we gave him a great opportunity to play," Tortorella said. "Really, at times, we probably kept him in too long where we should have put somebody else in because of his play. We had a frank discussion. It's not going to be, 'Wade Redden is a veteran guy and has a big contract, he's going to stay in the lineup.' We need to move by that. He's going to dictate that."

Reading into that last sentence it sounds like Redden is staying with the Rangers, and not being sent down.  KInda sucks, and we all know the reasons why.  Anyways, I've rambled enough.   Have at it