FanPost

Some pointless research

Sorry guys bored at home so i decided to some pointless research into some of our players. As i was going through i decided that being young as i am i don't really remember seeing or hearing about Redden too much so i went and looked up his hockey career. Now he's in the dog house by everyone's standards, even Torts says he's pretty much done besides a miracle run in training camp. I watched some of his highlights and took a look at his stats over the years. I was surprised that he was Drafted 2nd overall in the first round back in 96'. I looked over his years in Ottawa and saw he was a 35 to 50 point guy there, though only hitting 50 points once. Okay so maybe 35 to 40 would be closer. Either way i then looked at when he came to us, 26 points.

Now i'm not defending the guy on any level, but i personally think if he was willing to re-negotiate his contract and go some where else, he would be a half decent defense men again. Maybe someone should convince him that leaving the NHL is the best thing for him altogether. Go play over seas with some other league or just straight up retire. Who really believes that he will become the Redden of days/years past? I sure as hell don't. I'm also pretty sure he isn't going to spend the rest of his known hockey career in Hartford.

So what do you think? Convince him to leave altogether? Or should we just let him rot away in Hartford for the rest of his known sad existence as a hockey player and let him live in the past?

Just a though and some series waste of time.......