FanPost

THN ranks Rangers 13th in Eastern Conference

If you haven't seen it yet, this was posted by Puck Daddy an hour ago, here's the link to THN's breakdowns.

Basically it's a "no way Gaborik stays healthy so they're going to be screwed and even more so without Lundqvist" kind of reasoning.

They also rank Calgary 8th in the west. Basically, they threw darts at a board to come up with these picks, although I don't think the Rangers will make the playoffs if only because teams behind them improved more over the off-season...and they needed a massive late season surge just to almost-make-it.

The verbatim quote:

Why: Missing the playoffs on the last day of the regular season must still be stinging the Rangers and it won’t help we’ve slotted them in at unlucky No. 13 for 2010-11. Goalie Henrik Lundqvist is about the only reason the Rangers are still afloat and you’ll be hard-pressed to find anyone who believes Marian Gaborik will make it through another season untouched by injury