FanPost

RFAs

So Marc Staal is obviously still not signed. But, I'm not too worried, lots of RFAs aren't signed yet. Bobby Ryan, James Neal, Andrew Cogliano, Sam Gagner, Matt Niskanen, Carey Price, Nicklas Bergfors, Chris Stewart, Peter Mueller, Patric Hornqvist, and Paul Ranger are all RFAs that are very important to their team haven't been signed yet. Why are there a bunch of young, high quality players available as RFAs? Our best defenseman, a big piece of the Kovalchuk trade, a goalie with some of the highest expectations, and arguably 4 of the best young power forwards in the game. Players with that much importance should be signed by now, or at least have contract negotiations going smoothly, shouldn't they?