FanPost

Behind the Scenes of the Todd White Acquisition

You may remember I did a comic post of this kind when it came to the Lauri Korpikoski trade.  Since that got a good review, I hope you all enjoy this.  Here is the exclusive transcript of what transpired behind closed doors in a face to face meeting between Glen Sather and Rick Dudley:

Sather:  How big of a gambler are you?
Dudley:  I don't know, why?
Sather:  Let's make a trade, I want Todd White.
Dudley:  What?  For who?
Sather:  Boogaard.
Dudley:  No thanks.
Sather:  How about Brashear?
Dudley:  Your kidding right?
Sather:  Tell you what Ricky, let's flip a coin.
Dudley:  For Boogaard or Brashear?
Sather:  Call it in the air.
Dudley:  No, not doing that.
Sather:  It's heads.
Dudley:  What?
Sather:  Alright you take Brashear.
Dudley:  Hold on a second.
Sather:  Phew, that contract is off the books.
Dudley:  Brashear is terrible Glen.
Sather:  No he's not.
Dudley:  He's not?
Sather:  You want Rissmiller too?  He likes to sit in my chair in the press box.  It's getting annoying.  And I keep telling him to get his own chair but he won't list-
Dudley:  I'm not trading Todd White.
Sather:  You are trading Todd White.  To me.  We are going over this now.
Dudley:  No we're not.
Sather:  Yes we are.
Dudley:  We are?
Sather:  For Brashear and Rissmiller.
Dudley:  I'm taking Rissmiller too?
Sather:  Alright it's settled.
Dudley:  It is?
Sather:  Sign here.
Dudley:  I don't have a pen.
Sather:  Don't worry, I signed it for you.
Dudley:  What?
Sather:  Thanks Ricky.