FanPost

Hawks could loan Huet (can we send Redden too?)

The Chicago Blackhawks obviously couldn't trade Cristobal Huet and his $5.65 million cap hit to another NHL team. But the Hawks did say they would be cooperative in finding a new team for Huet, whether in North America or abroad -- and now it looks like they have.

The German outlet 20 Minutes Online (via Spector's Hockey) reports that Huet will be loaned out to the Swiss team Fribourg-Gotteron.

Huet previously played in the Swiss league for Lugano before he jumped to North America. At Gotteron, he'll replace former NHLer Sebastian Caron, who is now in KHL.

Huet's cap hit will now be off the books, as had been planned all along.

- Alvin Chang

CAN WE SEND REDDEN TOO?

Is this Kosher? can we do the same with Redden?

Huet was one of many salary cap casualties for the Stanley Cup champions. Huet is due to make $5.6 million per season over the next two years. The Hawks still will have to pay the salary, but it won't count against their salary cap if Huet plays in Europe or in the minors.