FanPost

Favorite Non-MSG Arena to Enjoy a Game

While I prepare today for a vacation from NYC, I'm thinking about hockey in other locales. Along those lines:

What's everyone's favorite place [besides] Madison Square Garden to take in a game? Of course, the "besides" part might not necessarily apply to you. MSG is after all not the prettiest, most convenient, most economical or sexiest girl on the block, but it is definitely "home."

Have you visited any other NHL arenas that pass muster? Do any transplanted NY-ers have reviews for you new NHL havens? Is there an AHL team of which you're particularly fond? Does your college arena hold a special place in your heart? Or maybe you've traveled internationally and have some hockey arena tips to share.

Where do you like to watch a hockey game and why?

And where would you rather take in some hockey? Why not?