FanPost

Fact of the Day: Derek Boogaard's Goal-Less Streak

The last time Derek Boogaard scored a goal in the NHL was January 7, 2006. Or 222 games played ago [the longest active one in the NHL]. Read about it here. Chris Mason, the goalie, has a shorter streak.

As huge hockey fan Mike Myers would say on SNL, "talk amongst yourselves." I'll give you a topic Derek Boogaard is neither oil rig, nor derision, nor watchman. Discuss.

Will NY fans come to love a man whose only skill is boxing? Will a coach notorious for using only three lines even let him see the ice? Should he?