FanShot

Rangers Prospects Take 5th Place in Traverse City

In a day dominated by the news (and pure joy) of Marc Staal being re-signed by the New York Rangers, the Rangers prospects concluded their Traverse City Tournament today with a 7-2 rout over the Dallas Stars prospects. Ryan McDonagh, Derek Stepan, Evgeny Grachev, and Chris Bourque all had standout tournaments. The Rangers lost a heartbreaker against the Carolina prospects 1-0, who scored in the final minute. The Rangers also stole a game from the Columbus Blue Jackets prospects when Grachev scored with 6.1 seconds left. Perhaps a disappointing finish in the tournament for the Rangers prospects, considering the talent and big prospects on the club. Unofficial Tournament Statistics: D. Stepan 4 GP, 2 G, 5 A, +5, 18 shots E. Grachev 4 GP, 4 G. 1 A, +4, 2 PIM, 8 shots C. Bourque 4 GP, 1 G, 3 A, +4, 10 shots R. McDonagh 4 GP, 3 A, +4, 2 PIM, 8 shots D. McIlrath 4 GP, +4, 4 PIM, 7 shots S. Klassen 3 GP, 1 G, 1 A, +4, 2 shots E. Werek 4 GP, 2 G, +1, 6 shots A. Yogan 4 GP, 2 G, 1 A, 2 PIM, 10 shots For the complete stats: click here Note: I only say 'unofficial' statistics because there was some question as to how accurate the statistics were after the first game.