Rangers News: Chris Drury Breaks Finger, Out 4 Weeks

Props to Dave Shapiro for posting this, see his thoughts below:

As per Jesse Spector, Chris Drury broke his finger blocking a shot in this afternoon’s scrimmage. He will miss four weeks, and surgery will not be required. Drury will not miss many regular season games, but he will miss at least the first week. This will temporarily open up an additional roster spot for those vying to make the team. It will be interesting to see how this plays out, but Drury will certainly be back to claim his spot when he returns from injury.

In all likelihood, this will be Derek Stepan’s opportunity to shine during a brief NHL audition until Drury comes back. If he continues to show chemistry with Alex Frolov and Marian Gaborik, someone like Erik Christensen could see himself watching from the press box.