FanPost

Roster for 1st Preseason Game: Thoughts on Lines as Well as Cuts

The guys for tomorrow's game have been announced and it looks like this:

Forwards: Gabby, Frolov, Stepan, Prust, Kennedy, Boyle, MZA, Dubi, Weise, Fedetenko, EC, Booger

Defense: Staal, Girardi, Semenov, Sauer, McD, Rozy

Goal: Biron, Chad Johnson

Also announced was that the roster is going to be cut by 22-26 by Friday and White is going to be held out the first couple preseason games to give his shoulder more time. Also McIlrath is going back to juniors as expected.

Guesses to early cuts would be: McIlrath, Baldwin, Klassen, Manning, Williams, Kundratek, Niemi, Maggio, Parlett on D.  Bourque, Dupont, McKelvie, Soryal, Tessier, Thomas, Wilson, Yogan, Byers, Newbury, Werek, Williams, McNaught at F.  Stacjer, Parise in net.  that's 24 cuts.

Those moves would leave

F:Gabby, Frolov, Stepan, EC, Dubi, Cally, AA, Aves, White, Fedetenko, Dru, MZA, Grachev, Boyle, Prust, Kennedy, Prospal, Booger, Weise, Horak

D: Staal, Girardi, MDZ, Rozi, McD, Gilroy, Eminger, Semenov, Exelby, Redden, Valentenko, Sauer

G: Hank, Biron, CJ, Talbot

That's 36 w CJ, Talbot, Weise, Valentenko, Sauer Exelby, Redden, Fedetenko, Horak probably the next 9 to go imo.  Last 4 assuming a 23 man roster would be MZA, Eminger/Semenov, Grachev, White/Boyle

Now let's try and take a guess at some lines for tomorrow's game.

Frolov-Stepan-Gabby

Dubi-EC- MZA

Fedetenko- Kennedy -Weise

Booger-Boyle-Prust

Staal-Girardi

McD-Rozi

Semenov-Sauer

Depending on how it goes we might see EC up with Frolov and Gabby as well as we know Torts loves to experiment and preseason is the best time to do that.  RW is the position in this lineup that has the most variables for me as Torts could stick Prust probably in any of the other 3 lines, not that he should, but he could.

credit for player names to Andrew Gross and Steve Zipay tweets.