FanPost

Dubinsky Article in the New York Post

The New York Post ran an article titled "Ranger Coach High On Dubinsky". I'm not sure if anyone else saw it, mostly said alot of the same things we already knew, but there were a couple of quotes that caught my eye. I posted them below. Also, what's the deal with the Rangers being covered by Brett Cyrgalis ? Don't know much about him, although I found he had a Rangers blog, but it seems he was more of Renney fan then a Rangers fan, since he left the blog when Renney was asked to leave The Garden. I hope my criticism didn't send Larry over the edge? Perhaps "Brooksie"is just looking for stregenth in numbers. You never know when you're gonna see Torts at the Port Authority Bus Terminal, and who better to have on your side then a Renney fan. Anyway onto the important parts...

"I've always been pretty vocal among the guys and stuff like that," Dubinsky said yesterday after notching a hat trick in the morning scrimmage, followed by a goal in a faux shootout that helped win it for his group. "Occasionally, that's gotten me into a little bit of trouble, but I'm trying to be more positive and trying to find my place among the leadership groups in the locker room."

Read more: http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/rangers/being_good_dubi_A69plWMdFVtVAHPJRE2AiL#ixzz10Jh1WrlF

"I've always been pretty vocal among the guys and stuff like that," Dubinsky said yesterday after notching a hat trick in the morning scrimmage, followed by a goal in a faux shootout that helped win it for his group. "Occasionally, that's gotten me into a little bit of trouble, but I'm trying to be more positive and trying to find my place among the leadership groups in the locker room."

Read more: http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/rangers/being_good_dubi_A69plWMdFVtVAHPJR

E2AiL#ixzz10Jh1WrlF

This kind of reinforces some of the feelings I've had about the locker room for a while. Drury sympathizers, fall back, I'm not going to sit here and take pot  shots at our fearless leader while he sits on the sideline, unable to field even the softest hit groundball back to the mound. When Cally got the "A" last season, I always thought one of those two would get it, and I thought Dubi was the better fit. His style of play, and willingness to get messy when he has to aren't NECESSARY for your team leaders, but it certainly doesn't hurt to have, especially in one of the 3 letters. Cally doesn't drop the mitts, and while he goes hard into the corners, 5'10 only hits so hard (unless you're Martin St. Louis). Before Torts started Dubi's conversion, you could count on HEARING him DRILL somebody of screen when you were watching a game and the guys looked flat, or when the team gave up a late goal to put us down by 3 in the 3rd. If Dubi didn't hold out, I think that A would have been his.

The real interesting thing was his talk of "leadership groups" and Dubi getting himself in trouble for being vocal. Obviously, because they have letters, Dru, Cally and Prospal would be one of those groups. Based on the team meeting they called, I'd pin another as Hank and Avery, with Voros tagging along. I know there was plenty of bad blood between Aves and Dubi when Avery left, and there never seemed to be any sort of public make up like there was with Avery and Hank. Also, Voros and Dubi were real close before Avery came back. It started when they were on the line with Zherdev. All 3 used to hang out off ice, and their lockers were all together in the team room. Z left, but you never saw Dubi out and about with Aves, Voros and their band of merry men. It also begs the question, who else on the team could be part of a "leadership group"? Shelley was stepping up last season they said, but on his own? Also, why don't we ever hear any of the trouble Dubi has gotten himself into? Zipay, Carp, Gross? With the other NY teams that stuff seems to come out, but nothing here.

Reading this definatly changed my outlook on this team. It seems that perhaps some of our issues with team chemistry and motivation might not be a case of us not having any leadership. It looks like instead, we have too many cooks spoiling the broth. While it's good to know that many guys care, we need someone at the front, who can focus all that energy together, onto the same goal. One strong leader, so the rest of the guys can focus on being part of a winning team.