FanPost

the "hard knocks" of hockey

On prohockeytalk.nbcsports they are saying that HBO will have a documentary series about the upcoming winter classic between the pittsburgh penguins and washington capitals. This is a huge step for hockey and seeing as how it's HBO this should be awesome. They produced a one hour special on the Philadelphia Flyers called "broad street bullies" while ago and one on the 1980 miracle on ice both were really good so I am expecting this to be as good probably better. It will be an in depth look of the teams (more than just the Ovechkin Crosby rivalry) which is awesome. Basically Hockey is starting to pick up and whether or not you like the teams it will be a great thing to watch. Plus maybe it will get such good ratings that a "hard knocks" of hockey will actually come about.

The link: http://prohockeytalk.nbcsports.com/2010/09/hbo-to-produce-documentary-series-based-around-capitals-and-penguins-in-the-winter-classic.php