Rangers News: Rangers Make First Cuts

NEW YORK - SEPTEMBER 23: Marian Staal #10 of the New York Rangers celebrates his overtime winning goal with teamates against the New Jersey Devils during their preseason game on September 23 2010 at Madison Square Garden in New York City. (Photo by Al Bello/Getty Images)

As per Andrew Gross, the Rangers have made their first cuts of this fresh pre-season. From Andrew's full story:

Today's cuts:

To Hartford
G: Jordan Parise, Cameron Talbot
D: Lee Baldwin, Sam Klassen, Tomas Kundratek, Jyri Niemi, Blake Parlett, Nigel Williams
F: Chris Chappell, Devin DiDiomete, Brodie Dupont, Ryan Garlock, Chris McKelvie, Justin Soryal, Kelsey Tessier

To Juniors
G: Scott Stajcer (Owen Sound, OHL)
D: Daniel Maggio (Sudbury, OHL), Dylan McIlrath (Moose Jaw, WHL)
F: Ryan Bourque (Quebec, QMJHL), Roman Horak (Chilliwack, WHL), Randy McNaught (Saskatoon, WHL), Christian Thomas (Oshawa, OHL), Ethan Werek (Kingston, OHL), Jason Wilson (Owen Sound, OHL), Andrew Yogan (Erie, OHL)

No real surprises here. It was widely considered that Bourque, Horak, Werek and McIlrath (the more popular cut players) needed more time to develop in their respective systems.

Also from Gross is a list of who is left:

emaining in camp (38 players)
G: Martin Biron, Chad Johnson, Henrik Lundqvist
D: Michael Del Zotto, Steve Eminger, Garnet Exelby, Matt Gilroy, Dan Girardi, Brandon Manning, Ryan McDonagh, Wade Redden, Michal Rozsival, Michael Sauer, Alexei Semenov, Marc Staal, Pavel Valentenko
F: Artem Anisimov, Sean Avery, Derek Boogaard, Brian Boyle, Dane Byers, Ryan Callahan, Erik Christensen, Chris Drury, Brandon Dubinsky, Ruslan Fedotenko, Alex Frolov, Marian Gaborik, Evgeny Grachev, Tim Kennedy, Kris Newbury, Vinny Prospal, Brandon Prust, Derek Stepan, Dale Weise, Todd White, Jeremy Williams, Mats Zuccarello

OK guys, thoughts?