FanPost

Roster vs Detroit

Tonight is the 3rd preseason game for the club, which means we will be halfway to getting to games that counts along with having another set of cuts following the game as the team tries to get very close to the number it will carry during the year.  Lineup as of now, with no lines announced:

Gaborik, Frolov, Stepan, Dubi, Avery, Boyle, Zuke, Grachev, Prust, Anismov, Christensen, White

Biron, Johnson, Valentenko, Girardi, Semenov, McDonagh, Sauer, Gilroy

I assume we will see some of Frolov-Stepan-Gabby again in this game but that they will also move others in and out between the two wings.  The other thing i see with this lineup is you have 5 centers so someone who is typically a center will be playing on the wing though EC, Boyle have done that before.

On the back end that group looks much more like this is a cut day as you could easily argue that only one of those guys is a lock for a spot in Girardi.  I am sort of surprised that Staal isnt playing with how rusty he looked the other night but there are still a few more of these to get him tuned up for the real ones.

[Note by Rob Luker, 09/26/10 1:40 PM EDT ] Just so everyone knows, the game is scheduled for 5 PM EST in Detroit. According to my TV listings as well (Time Warner Digital), it will be on MSG.

UPDATE: OFFICIAL LINES FOR TONIGHT

Frolov-Stepan-Gabby (EC will also get time there)

Dubi-EC-Zuke

Avery-White-Grachev

Boyle-AA-Prust

First response from me is: Why does Torts hate AA so much?

D Pairs:

Semenov-Girardi

McD-Gilroy

Valentenko-Sauer

Not to read too much into this but these tell me that Semenov has an inside on a spot while Sauer and Valentenko arent staying.

Lines I would use with this cast

Frolov-Stepan-Gabby

Dubi-AA-EC (EC can take some faceoffs, but AA was better last night)

Grachev-White-Zuke

Aves-Boyle-Prust

McD-Girardi

Semenov-Valentenko (played well together)

Sauer-Gilroy

thoughts?