FanPost

This season will teach New York an important and interesting lesson

After last year's embarrassing end to the regular season I think it's safe to say that the Rangers and their fans want some kind of revenge and make the playoffs. However, I feel that this season won't be a playoff year for the boys in blue but it will be a successful and eye opening year for the Rangers.

I feel that with all of the talk of infusing youth into the lineup from Torts and the way that a few of our prospects have looked so far going up against mostly NHL caliber rosters. This will be the true start of the big rebuilding year that the fans have clamored for ever since December started.

My dad and I always say that New York fans are ok with losing if the teams show up every day and play like they want to win and Its my belief that with guys like Stepan and McD looking to be on the team starting on the 9th the Rangers will be the first team in a while to actually test this theory.

Of course the Rangers brass are looking to market the signing of Frolov and Biron as pieces to the playoff puzzle but I think we here at the Banter and other Ranger fans are smart enough to realize what is really going on behind the scenes.

I don't expect playoffs from this Rangers team, but I'm more excited for this season than I have been in a long time