NHL News: An Agreement Reached on Kovalchuk

Darren Dreger of TSN is reporting via twitter that the National Hockey League and the Player's Association have come to an agreement that will hopefully put an end to the Ilya Kovalchuk saga once and for all. Dreger referred to it as a "Global Settlement" that includes the approval of the Kovalchuk deal and likely an amendment in the collective bargaining agreement between the players and the league. Paper work is expected to be finalized by 5 p.m. so that is when everything will be officially confirmed, but stay tuned here as we will have all updates as they come in.

This is very good news for the league and the fans because it will erase all talk of a potential lockout in the near future, at least for now.

Dreger's tweets:

TSN says a deal between the NHL and the PA has been reached and they're working on paper work for 5pm.

Kovalchuk deal will also get approved as part of the new global settlement.