FanPost

Brophy reporting Staal & Rangers close to deal

Here's the link to the article on sportsnet.ca, it was posted a little while ago, no details provided yet so it's all still speculation....but this is the first time there's been something to report other than "both sides far apart, no talks planned".

Kudos to Sather if he gets it done by week's end, maybe he did learn a lesson from the Dubinsky debacle.

Figure Staal gets 4-4.5 mil, and figure Redden will be house-hunting in Newington, CT by the end of the month.