Suspend Alex Burrows? Nuts To That, Says NHL

According to Steve Zipay, Alexandre Burrow's Pinata treatment of Marc Staal's groin does not warrant a suspension. I don't think this is going to come as a surprise to anyone, it's not like the Crown Jewels of Crosby got whacked or anything like that.

So instead of a suspension, a 1-0 win and hitting higher notes will have to be the best revenge for Marc Staal. Plus he can take comfort in the fact that he doesn't have to wear a "Free Willy" jersey to work.

Nothing to see here, move along. The NHL has spoken.

Alexandre Burrows/Marc Staal Incident (January 13 2011) (via Fel0096)