Briere Fined for Punching Prust from Bench

According to Stephen Whyno's twitter (@SWhyno) and article for Philadelphia Sports Daily, Flyers forward Danny Briere has been fined $1,000 for throwing a punch at Brandon Prust from the bench last night. Scott Hartnell escaped any fines or punishment. More after the jump...

After frustrating missed calls and ‘incidents' including Alexandre Burrows' vicious sac tap on Marc Staal and PK Subban's slewfoot on Brandon Dubinsky right in front of an official it seems the league has finally decided to review an incident that happened during a Rangers game. This year Danny Briere has been suspended three games (without pay) and has now been fined $1,000. It is little consolation for a very tough loss last night, but at least the league has decided to care one out of every three times. In my opinion this is the least grievous of all three incidents I have mentioned.

For the video, at the 20 second mark you can see Hartnell and Briere both reach out towards Prust, Briere clearly making contact with a punch.

For the full Philadelphia Sports Daily Article: Click Here