FanPost

Defending Sather's FA signings

I know this is tough to do but hear me out. Yes there have been some huge albetross contracts. No getting around  Redden, Drury and Rozi for that matter. But considering the other bad ones, look at the positive.

Gomez - Cost us money to get him but was able to turn that into a prospect in McD and a body of Higgins

Kotalik + Higgins - Which just cost us money turned into Prust

Voros - Which just cost us money turned into Eminger (ok this isn't a great one but he has helped us more this year than Voros would have)

Gilroy - Which just cost us money will turn into something else as I believe he will be traded.

I'm sure I am missing a few but I think you get the point. Sometime we need to look beyond the $ signs and realize the end result.

Only 3 ways to get players, draft, trade and sign. Draft is limited to the # of picks and is a crap shoot most of the time. Trade takes bodys, prospects and/or picks away. Signing just takes money and if you can do that and turn those 'free' additions into assets, not that horrible of a deal.

Ok flame away  ;)